About Our Facility
The Tupper Street Family Resource Centre is a sustainable non profit organization providing community based services to the families in our community. Our vision is that all families will be powered to; access community resources, make healthy choices and advocate for themselves. Here at TSFRC we encourage families to make healthy choices by sharing knowledge, support, and resources in a safe and welcoming environment. The TSFRC philosophy is that the parent and child are major contributing forces which determine the social, economic, and emotional health of the community and that the community should actively foster positive family growth for all its members. We provide support through, accessibility; having all services at no cost. We provide flexibility; meeting individual and group needs. We provide cultural and gender sensitivity; through acceptance of all that enter our doors. We provide strong mentor-ship; through sharing experience. Finally we provide confidentiality; through mutual trust and respect. TSFRC organizes free programs and services to youth at risk of becoming pregnant, pregnant and parenting youth, and any family with minors 0 - 6 years living in Portage la Prairie and surrounding area that could benefit from programs and services offered.
1. To improve the healthy development of children.
2. To improve the parenting skills of parents and caregivers.
3. To increase life skills of parents and caregivers.
4. To increase parents and caregivers knowledge of and
access to services and resources in the community.
5. To improve the Family Resource Centre through effective administration.
1. Free contraceptives and resource material.
2. Access to computer, internet, fax, phone, and photocopier.
3. Clothing Depot and Tuck Shop.
4. Community information board.
5. Community referrals.
Tupper Street Family Resource Centre's main goal is to improve the health and well being of children and their families.
Board of Directors
President: Hema Harrysingh
Vice President: Barry Rud
Treasurer: Victoria Espey
Fundraising: Anne Johnston-Peters
Secretary: Loreley Greenslade
Program Support Worker